Monday, January 17, 2011

Still Proud Of My Ginebra

It's no secret that I am a big supporter of the Barangay Ginebra Kings. I've been following this team since time immemorial. I've followed almost every conference. I can say, I breathe and live Ginebra. It's in my blood, it's in my heart, it's in my system.

This conference, the Philippine Basketball Association Philippine Cup, my Ginebra played really well, awesome. They've shown the intensity like we've never seen them played like that before. They've showcased the never-say-die spirit like this is the first time they will battle for a league. I am literally running out of words to describe how intensed they played, how emotional they were in the games. 

I'd like to say my piece.

Mark is back. He really is back. He may not have the legs and agility of the Mark Caguioa who won the PBA Rookie of the Year award in 2001, but he is as furious.

Enrico Villanueva. I must admit I have belittled this giant many months ago. I thought I would never really learn to appreciate him until he played big roles in the playoffs. I salute this guy for OWNING the boards.

Rudy Hatfield is stronger than ever! Yes, no doubt about that. He may not be as fast as he was in his younger years, but he is not called the H-Bomb for nothing. This man, dominating the rebounds, and this guy's unexpectedly firing shocking 3pointers. YOU. ARE. THE. MAN!

Jimbo Aquino, rookie-superstar-in-the-making. Whenever I see this young man play, I would always think of Mark Caguioa when he's still in his rookie days. Like Mark, Jimbo would always make quality minutes as soon as he's inside the court. He is just amazing. Mark my word. He will be the UNSTOPPABLE ONE.

Mike Cortez. The cool cat. The cat has unleashed superb fiery performance in the playoffs.

Eric Menk, the Major Pain back in his vintage form. We cannot ask for more. I can say, we can always rely on this big guy. He is not the MAJOR PAIN for nothing, and we know that.

Ronald Tubid. The fearless. When the opponent's shooter is just unstoppable, give that to Ronald and he can stop the guy. And he will. Ronald's tight defense is like a real pain in the ass. Even Mark Caguioa said that "Mahirap bantay si Ronald, nakakainis sya.."

JC Intal. Plagued with injury during the eliminations, it didn't stop him from trying to recover as fast as he could so he can contribute to his team. He has always been the rocket, no doubt about that. And young fans going crazy over his dunks and 3pointers. He is just one amazing superstar in the making.

Willie Wilson. He is one guy you can always rely on, I'm telling you. He is the SCRAPPER. Doin decent points, assists, and rebounds for his team. He is always reliable. When he is inside, expect him to do his thing. Very tight defense and quick muscle reflex to always get the ball. 

I could perhaps write the whole day for my Ginebra and I will not run out of stories. But this is not over. Just not over yet. I am looking forward to the next conference when I'll get to see the team again. And I am not losing hope. We can still win the championship. And we will.

I'm still proud of my Ginebra. They fought hard, they did not give up. Go Ginebra! Til next conference, NEVER SAY DIE!


8 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks Khen! Hahaha! Ikaw na ang unang nag comment, ikaw na! <3 basta Ginebra forever tayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kbkj (kabirthdaykajimbo) hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww.... NO DOUBT YOU ARE A CERTIFIED GINEBRA!!!! AND WE ALL LOVE THEM!!!! haha... On my PART? Iguguhit ko nalang ang aking SALOOBIN!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Au.. Ginebra all the way! Express, express! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOON!!!! Super SOON!!! haha.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anung soon ka jan, now na!!! Bilis! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete