Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GINEBRA: No Retreat, No Surrender!



I will blog about Ginebra. 
I will blog about Ginebra. 
Dang! I will blog about Ginebra!

Pak! We lost in Game 4 of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Philippine Cup semifinal series vs San Miguel Beermen. How? Why? Who did? Who didn't? It's hard to blog about this one when I have not watched a single game. (I have my reasons, you will think I'm crazy if I tell you what it is.)

Anyway! I got the game updates through text messages and tweets from my fellow Ginebra fans. Apparently, crucial free throws were wasted and there were a lot of miscues, too. Dang! But I guess that's fine.

Game 1, we're down at 0-1. Game 2, 0-2. But I have never lost my composure. I have kept my cool. I prayed hard and harder, "give us this win, please please please.." But nah. I waited, patiently for my prayers to be answered. Then Game 3 came, and we did it! Mark Caguioa (the apple-est of my eyes) was in his furious form. Rudy Hatfield fired unexpected 3-pointers. And the barangay crowd was just amazing.

Game 4, we didn't make it. We lost by 4 pts. Crucial charities and turnovers. How come I can still go to work? What and why the heck is that? Did i (mature) as a fan? No more rantings, no more bad (hair) days, no more profanity in my facebook status updates? Or, is it my faith that does the wonder? Faith to the Never Say Die team I have been following since time immemorial. And hope that everything will turn out in our favor. Now it's just a day before Game 5. Our back against the wall, for the nth time. This will test my faith. This will test my Never Say Die attitude. As what I've been saying since Game 1, it's not over until the series is over.

4 comments:

  1. This is the real NEVER SAY ATTITUDE that is supposed to be felt and practiced by a BGK fan, like me.. --Claude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog at Ginebra's fan page on Facebook. Thank you for suppporting our team. If you want to watch the game replays, please visit my channel www.youtube.com/AlexJann23 I'll upload game 4 when I get home from work tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Will do, AlexJann. Doing everything to support Ginebra! :)

    ReplyDelete